Our manifesto defines who we are, what we do, and our beliefs about United Ways. It has taken us 30 years to develop this manifesto as we have evolved and learned from our work with United Way.
WE LOVE UNITED WAYS - WE ALWAYS HAVE AND WE ALWAYS WILL.
We believe United Ways exist to:
- Impact local issues and needs
- Identify and fund programs and strategies that create meaningful change
- Convene and lead donors, volunteers, and organizations to make a difference in their communities
We believe United Ways exist to do more than:
- Simply fundraise for local nonprofit organizations
- Pass through donors’ designations
- Invest in broad categories of issues like education, income, and health
Perspectives exists to:
- Support United Ways seeking long-term relevance, sustainability, and impact
- Share the promise and potential of the Issue Focus Model
- Guide United Ways to successfully transform to an issue focus
If you believe your United Way exists to deeply impact your community, we are here to help you.