Join us at the upcoming Southern Institute Conference in Asheville, NC from May 22nd-24th!
Gary will be presenting “Community Impact That Works & How to Get There” at 3:15 p.m. on Thursday, May 23rd and “Good is Not Good Enough” at 8:30 a.m. on Friday, May 24th:
Community Impact That Works & How to Get There - Community impact is so much more than organizing your partner agencies or funded programs into the categories of education, income, and health. Learn about why going further with community impact will make your United Way more successful, and open up opportunities you never knew existed. We will examine how to take the next steps toward community impact, with a special focus on how this all works in a small United Way. Simple explanations with real-world examples from United Ways make community impact understandable and achievable. In this session, you will learn:
- How community impact works at other United Ways
- The importance of choosing a limited number of issues
- The steps you will take to transition toward community impact
- How marketing and allocations are different in a successful community impact United Way
Good is Not Good Enough (Making United Way Great) - Most anyone you know will say that United Way is “good” or does a “good job,” but in this age of decreasing donor dollars and increasing competition for those dollars, good is not good enough. Based on research conducted for local United Ways across the country, you will find out the hard-facts about the importance of being great and not just good. We will discuss how donors feel about United Way and how that differs from how they feel about other charitable organizations. Continue your United Way’s journey to greatness by following the steps and examples outlined in this session. In this session, you will learn:
- What the research shows about the difference between good and great
- How a donor decides whether your United Way is good or great
- Why your United Way must be known for something more than being helpful
- The steps you will take toward greatness at your United Way
For more information and to register for the conference, visit: http://ezregister.com/events/6704/
We hope to see you there!